What is CINAHL Plus with Full Text?
Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature
- Provides access to nursing and allied health literature
- Most comprehensive database in Nursing
- Covers almost all nursing journals
- 134 Full text evidence based care sheets
- 169 Full text quick lessons
- 240 Full text books/monographs
- 758 Full text journals
- 1314 Journals with searchable cited references
- 4175 Journals indexed
CINAHL Tutorials & Help
Peer-Reviewed Articles & Research
FInding Peer Reviewed Articles
Peform a search on your topic then choose the limit: peer review -or- choose journal subset: peer reviewed.
Articles on the Peer-Review Process
Guerrieri, R. (2012). What's a peer-reviewed journal?. Nursing, 42(5), 46-49. doi:10.1097/0I.NURSE.O000413612.44307.66
Miracle, V. (2008). The peer review process. Dimensions Of Critical Care Nursing, 27(2), 67-69.
Finding Research Articles
Perform a search on your topic, click on Search History, click Edit, put a check mark under Research Article on the Edit Search page
Finding Research Instruments
Perform a search on your topic, click on Search History, click Edit, under Publication Type choose research instrument.
Nursing CEU's in CINAHL
- Perform a search on your topic. In the left-hand sidebar, place a check mark in the CEU box under Source Types.
Finding CINAHL CEU Modules
- Click on New Search
- Under Search Options, tick in the CE module box under limits; hit search. All the journal CEU modules will be retrieved. Click on the underscored CEU module title; not the PDF. Alzheimer's isease--CE Module
- This will take you to the CINAHL education screen. Follow instructions from there.
- For more information and step by step, click here.
Special CINAHL Feature: Evidenced Based Care Sheets
Evidence Based Care Sheets are...
- Summaries on specific diseases andconditions
- Ranked with a coding matrix at tthe bottom of the each article.
- Includes a What we Know section, What We Can Do section (nursing oriented) , and References
Access the Evidence Based Care Sheets via the blue menu bar in CINAHL PLUS with full text.
- Type a disease or condition in the browse box or browse the list alphabetically.
- Select a disease or condition and click on the search box
- Open your PDF
Special CINAHL Feature: Quick Lessons
Overview of Nursing topics
- Signs and symptoms
- Treatment goals
- Red Flags
- What to tell the patient/patient's family
Access the Quick Lesons via MORE pull down menu the blue menu bar in CINAHL PLUS with full text.
- Type a nursing topic in the browse box or browse the list alphabetically.
- Select a nursing condition and click on the search box.
- Open your PDF